Friday, January 13, 2012

Trick Trainin'

Wanted to teach Eden a new trick so I got a cute box and taught her to jump into and then lay down. It's adorable. She struggled to curl her long body up in the box I had picked but managed! :-)

I have done one mat lesson and she remembered it flawlessly. She will go to the mat from several feet away and lay down. If I increase the distance too quickly, then she lays down in front of the mat LOL

The last trick I worked on tonight I had also practiced one other time and she remembers quite well. This is the Be Fun cue. It is a play bow. Hard to teach with one with such short legs but awful cute in execution.

Here is a how-to on shaping a trick - Jason sent this to the two classes we teach since their homework this week was to teach their dog a new trick :-) I think Eden shows the learning curve pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment