Sunday, July 10, 2011

Two Training Sessions

This morning Eden and I worked on Perch work - being sent to the perch from a distance, spinning on the perch by following my body language and sitting while on the perch. Then we worked on being sent to the target from a distance, longer down/stays and sit/stays. I set out the little jump I made and started to work on her flyball turns, she turns to the right consistently. She's not getting the hop over and back yet, but we will get there!
To wrap up the morning session we worked on focused heeling - we can do about 4-5 steps and an auto sit before I lose her.

This evening, we worked on more Perch work. She remembered this morning and I can send her to it from a further distance. The sits are fairly clean and we now have a down on the perch. Spinning is fast and quick and she's quite good in either direction. I am using the entire length of the training room to send her to the target - which also means her down/stay is much better!

Tonight we also worked on ball drive and retrieving a squooshy flyball ball - she was really, really good. I might end up switching her reward to another ball instead of her dragon in flyball. Will have to see if her excitement at home in the training room transfers to out at other locations with higher distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment