Sunday, December 18, 2011

We have a retrieve!!!

Eden can retrieve! This dog has changed so much she is almost unrecognizable from the sweet, shy little girl I picked up at the airport 7 months ago. That girl has disappeared into a demanding, pushy, energetic and incredibly quick little dog that I am enjoying more than I could ever dream. When I started to teach the retrieve, we had an ok time with the dowel but Eden despised holding the little plastic AKC dumbbell in her mouth. If I pushed it, she would shut down. *sigh* In comes "Evil E" and we have one decent retrieve started! She is barking, nipping, lunging to be sent after the dumbbell and even challenges the out command a little. :-D Wee, I love it! She dropped it a couple of times on the way back but she's starting to realize she needs to bring it to hand and her pick up is marvelous - quick and clean. Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment