Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Retrieve Training

Eden's retrieve has been put on the back burner as we worked on other, more fun and interesting (to her) things. But, now that she's becoming more and more demanding and willing in training, I thought it might be a good time to bring the dumbbell back out and give it a whirl. It was! She is doing so much better now :-) She is willing to try more and more with me and takes my negative marker in stride (where before it would shut her down no matter how lightly I gave it) and is utilizing it to her advantage (to learn!). Love it!

She despises the feel of the AKC dumbbell in her mouth so I built a little drive by teasing her with it and then setting her loose. She would rather grab the end of the dumbbell than the bar so we worked on that too. I am really pleased with how far she progressed in this one short lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment