Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Gobble Wobble

Eden ran her very first race today around Reed's Lake. Accompanied by Ike, Jason and I. She did incredible! I don't know if I could be any more proud of her. There were several hundred people there, along with dogs, kids, strollers, bikes etc etc all moving together in one huge mass to the same place. I do not like atmospheres like that, I get people claustrophobic. I don't like being surrounded...and then trying to run. It is hard. For me. Eden took it like an old pro. She was wonderful. She ran out in front of me like I encourage her and she used her little herding instincts to divide and conquer :-) She would spot an opening and make for it, bringing me with her. Always plenty of space, never cutting anyone off. She ignored everyone too. Dogs lunging, people singing and bells jingling and bikes whizzing by. Eden was on a mission. Did I mention how proud I was? I am. Incredibly. The race was 4.0 miles and our average pace was 9:43min/mile. Not too bad considering all of the dodging around people we had to do! At the end, we took some pics and made to walk back to the car - and Eden had to poop. She ran the whole race having to potty! Love this little trooper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment