Sunday, May 6, 2012

GRAC Trial: Day Three

Well, we were seriously late this morning. I was planning on getting to the trial roughly the same time we had showed up the last two mornings and then randomly thought I should double-check...and there was no FAST taking up half the morning, it was just Open JWW and then Novice was up! We flew there, I glanced at the sheet, checked us in and we were up. Talk about adrenaline rush!
She did awesome this morning - was really perky and running. We had a slight mishap when she darted for a bar-setter (this particular judge said that any dog that went for one and didn't call off would be NQ'd immediately) but I was able to call her back by sharply saying her name - thank goodness! The rest of the run was smooth. Very pleased with my little Eden-Pie!
It wasn't until the papers came out that I realized how close we were to the time, we almost didn't Q!! The judge did mention he thought a fast dog should be able to do it in 17 seconds - whoa!
Which rounds out the weekend of agility. Eden managed 5 Q's, 5 first places and 2 new titles - NAJ (Novice Jumper with Weaves) and NA (Novice Standard).
I took loads more Proud-Mommy photos of this cute face, they are HERE. Since she achieved her Novice Standard title yesterday and I had already paid, I had moved her up to Open Standard but after looking at the course map decided to end on a high note and leave Open for another time (she has never seen 12 weaves before!).

Really neat compilation that Jason put together for the whole weekend:
ETA: Eden's Novice Agility Jumpers cert came

No comments:

Post a Comment